LEGAL & MEDICAL CONFERENCES: ACCREDITATION
CPE Conferences is an endorsed provider of Continuing Medical Education (CME) for the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP). Our conferences attract Category 2 points at a rate of two points per hour of participation, although not every session attracts points. Claimable Category 2 points are capped at 30 points per conference.
It is our understanding that reciprocal fellowship arrangements are available for colleges entirely comparable to the RACGP, and as such, carry a similar standard of CME requirements. The RACGP recognises the following qualifications and fellowship ad endum gradum of the following international medical colleges:
- Fellowship of The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (FRNZCGP)
- Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) + (JCPTGP)
- The Certificate in Family Practice from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) + Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
- Graduate of the Irish College of General Practitioners (ICGP) + Membership of the Irish College of General Practitioners (MICGP)
The RACGP also deems doctors from the following international organisations/countries as ‘partially’ comparable:
- Certificate of the American Board of Family Practice (ABFM)
- Certificate of Specific Training for General Practice from Sweden, Netherlands and Norway
- Specialist Certificate in Family Medicine from Denmark
- Specialist Certificate in General Practice/Family Medicine from Belgium
- Master of Medicine in Family Medicine from Singapore
- Registration as a Family Physician with the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Member of the College of Family Practitioners of the South African College of General Practice (FSACGP)
Due to various reasons we do not release academic programs prior to the welcome drinks held on the first day of our conferences. As a reference for what to expect academically at future CPE Conferences we can provide past programs upon request, which you may forward to your local college, board or association for an indication of reciprocal CME points.
Visit the RACGP for a comprehensive outline of CPD requirements www.racgp.org.au.